Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lollipop (from 2007)


Late one night I was sucking on an Arcor BIG BIG strawberry flavoured lollipop. It was delicious, my life was perfect when the flavour sapped into my mouth and it's chemicals stimulated my taste buds and my brain produced pleasurable endomorphins. But something unexpected happened and ruined the moment.



The large spherical candy at the end of the stick popped off. The lollipop then lost all it's colour and warmth and became a nuissance. It almost choked me. The sugar never being able to leave my mouth made me very thirsty and made my teeth begin to ache. I found myself beginning to hate this heavenly desert. It made me have trouble speaking as it was stuck in my mouth. My jaw began to ache. I could not remove it as I had nowhere to put it, and I couldn't hold it or my fingers would have been all sticky and gummy. I considered throwing it out, but I had worked hard to earn this lollipop and decided it would be a waste to discard the two-faced demon. Instead I bit into it and ended the dreamy nightmare.

-----

This is an exert of a small text I originally wrote one night in 2007 while I was reflecting on my education.  The full piece contains an explanation of the symbol as well as the concluding statement: "Education is an lollipop, make sure you pick the right one. And don't suck it too hard."

Currently:

Music:
Caravan Palace

Video:
Snowballs by Harmony Korine
Pink Elephants on Parade exert from Dumbo

Photo:
Schoon Images
 - Photo 1

No comments:

Post a Comment